Restorative Dental Implants
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. An implant has 2 parts:
- a metal anchor and a false tooth, similar to a crown.
- A dental implant looks and feels like a natural tooth.
Tips for taking care of your restorative dentistry work
- Brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day.
- Electric toothbrushes can help remove plaque from your teeth and restorative work.
- Make sure to floss around your teeth, dental implants, crowns, and bridges every day.
- Try not to chew on hard or sticky foods. These can damage your implant, bridge, or crown.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash to help fight plaque bacteria around restorative work.